Sunday, January 23, 2011

Recent Knitting

I've been knitting like crazy lately for a few reasons, but mostly because I'm obsessed with it right now.  Does this happen to you too?  I have periods where I'm not very interested in knitting anything, then like a tidal wave, I just can't get enough.

Another reason is we have a new baby in the family --EJ-- who is not quite 4 weeks old.  EJ has two older sisters so there are no hand-me-downs for this handsome boy.  First he needed hats to keep his wee head warm.  Then Aunt Donna insisted he have a little blue sweater like his sisters.  He needed these two items immediately, so I'm afraid no pictures.  Next my sister -EJ's mommy-requested blankets because again everything she has is toned for girls.  My favorite simple baby sweater pattern is Cardigan Sweater found in The Baby Knits Book by Debbie Bliss. 

Here is the blanket I whipped up while on hiatus for Christmas from Simply Baby by Debbie Bliss.
(I see now that it is badly in need of blocking)

I couldn't do all this knitting for EJ without making something for his beautiful sisters so they are getting these from the December issue of Knit Simple. The little one is two. The pattern did not have specs for that small of a size so I calculated it myself. I hope it fits (fingers crossed).  These I've blocked.
I just love these cables - so loose and casual.  I can't wait to see the girls modeling them for us.

In the middle of all this a knitting, my oldest and dearest friend Michele requested a turtle neck sweater. We settled on this pattern from Creative Knitting magazine, November 2010 issue.  Though the pattern is a cowl neck, I'm going to switch it to a turtle neck.  Here is the back which I had to frog twice because I realized I made a mistake on the small cables by crossing in the opposite direction.  The second time took out about 1/2 of my progress, but my good friend deserves perfection. 
She is so appreciative too.  Love Michele!  Love Cascade 220 Superwash!

While I'm at it with the pictures, I thought I would include one of the little man in my life -- my Ollie in his favorite position.  You can't see it, but he loves to look out the window at the driveway.  Not much happens out there, but you should see how worked up he gets over the squirrels.  Love my boy and his white socks! (he drives me crazy knocking all the sofa cushions out of whack every day)  My buddy has a great smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment